Detailed description of project Back
The overall objectives of the Three Borders Program are to (i) meet the most urgent needs expressed by the communities, (ii) support the restart of economic activity, and (iii) promote the return of the legitimacy of public action and strengthening the rule of law in the border area.
The intervention area of the “Three Borders Project” will focus on:
- In Mali: the border area of the regions of Mopti, Timbuktu and Gao, and more particularly the circles of Bankass, Koro, Douentza, Gourma-Rharous, Gao, Ansongo;
- In Burkina: the regions of North and Sahel in Burkina, and more particularly the provinces of Yatenga, Loroum, Soum, Oudalan, Seno, Yagha;
- In Niger: the border zone with Burkina Faso of the Tillabéri region, and more particularly the communes of Gorouol, Bankilaré, Tera, Diagourou, Dargol, Gothèye, Torodi, Makalondi.
Its specific objective is to support socio-economic development and strengthen social cohesion in these cross-border territories. This objective is broken down into two main axes:
- “Development”: access to basic social services, development of agro-pastoral activities, development of infrastructures with local economic impact, strengthening of local project management capacities;
- “Governance”: dialogue between public authorities and communities, promoting peace and building trust between communities.
Expected results include:
- Result 1 – The viability of agro-pastoral sectors is improved, generating sustainable local jobs and increasing income for producers;
- Result 2 – The communities of the border zone make available, and accessible to the population, equipment, infrastructure and socio-economic services with priority in the context of conflict resolution;
- Result 3 – The social dialogue between the components of local societies is strengthened.
The specific objective of the start-up phase of the Three Frontiers Project is to immediately start concrete activities for the benefit of the inhabitants of the territories concerned while preparing for its deployment phase. It will be, in light of the first experiences and an improvement of the knowledge of the context to define its activities, its institutional and organizational mounts and to specify its area of intervention.
PROMAN provides support in the Ansongo and Gao circles (Mali).
Type of services provided
- Train the project team on methodology and tools related to identification, assistance to the CA for the realization of local infrastructures including training on ANICT procedures and the delegated management of infrastructures;
- Ensure that APD, APS, tender dossiers and procurement documents comply with public procurement procedures and ANICT models;
- To set-up management database;
- Support the implementation of the investment fund implementation procedure for the 3-year implementation phase;
- Monitor and ensure compliance with the current procedures for investments to be made in Gao and Ansongo circles.
Main staff provided:
- Expert in Decentralisation, Local Development, Project Management (6 m/m).