Detailed description of project Back
The purpose of this contract is to provide complementary, advanced technical assistance that contribute to the achievement of ARISE Plus-Indonesia programme’s objectives, namely enhancing Indonesia’s capacity to boost its trade performance and competitiveness.
ARISE+ Indonesia aims to contribute to Indonesia’s preparedness and enhanced competitiveness in global value chains through specific support targeting national and sub-national levels. By enhancing Indonesia’s trade competitiveness and openness, the programme will promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, boost job creation and increase employment in a gender-sensitive way. Furthermore, the programme provides country-level interventions closely linked to the ARISE+ regional programme, supporting regional economic integration and trade in ASEAN. See also the annex 1 of this ToR.
The new ARISE+ Indonesia technical assistance under this contract will cover the following priority areas and components:
Priority Area 1: Trade and Investment Policy
- Component 1.1. Trade and Investment research
- Component 1.2. FTA/CEPA studies and specialised trainings
- Component 1.3. Advanced capacity building on international trade agreements
Priority Area 2: Enhancing Export Performance
- Component 2.1. Support to the implementation of NQA scheme in specific sectors
- Component 2.2. Strengthening of EQI technical capacity
- Component 2.3. Development of Geographical Indications (GIs)
Type of services provided
- Develop a white paper on improving trade and investment performance which comprises of study/analysis, the mapping of action plans, recommendations on the implemented action plans and harmonised trade and investment policies;
- Strengthen BAPPENAS capacity in developing response analysis for export projections and strategies, in upgrading its analytical tools to assess trade and competitiveness related data, in utilising relevant database or publications on e-commerce and digital activity, Global Value Chain, others;
- Enhance the institutional capacity of local investment office in selected region(s) in data analysis and practical research methodology;
- Provide BAPPENAS and relevant ministries with technical advice and expertise on market intelligence, the form of export aggregators and export incentive model for SMEs in specific sector(s);
- Development of sector specific studies to support trade policy reforms and economic recovery plans after pandemic.
- Assist in the development of a national strategy on improving the competitiveness of service sector;
- Support the Ministry of Trade’s relevant working units in conducting quality desk research, to access and analyse information and data on international trade in services based on four modes of supply in the Manual of Statistics of International Trade in Services (MSITS);
- Provide technical expertise and training to develop impact analysis of the Non-Tariff Measures (NTMs) on Indonesia’s exports to major destination countries, and assess its relevance to the FTA negotiation process;
- Support the relevant beneficiaries to address any new emerging topic arises in the FTA/CEPA negotiation process as well as specific issues hampering the bilateral trade;
- Capacity strengthening of key stakeholders in specific areas related to trade facilitation and trade remedies;
- Assist BSN in improving the content of website for Technical Barrier to Trade (TBT), in drafting the priorities/roadmap and building its capacity in the area of National Standards for Measurement Units (SNSU);
- Strengthen the alignment of the national rapid alert system for food and non-food products (INRASFF and INRAPEX) with the ASEAN mechanisms;
- Support the improvement of quality assurance system in the fisheries value chain;
- Assist Local Quality Testing Laboratories (BPSMB) in selected region(s) to develop method of analysis for testing on spices.
- Assist selected non-commercial testing laboratories and proficiency testing providers to enhance their knowledge and skills;
- Develop and implement capacity building programme for EQI related government agencies, business operators and other key stakeholders concerning international standards and practices, EU regulations;
- Strengthen capacity of and knowledge sharing amongst GI producer organisations at local level, particularly in the areas of organisational management, technical and commercialisation aspects of GIs;
- Strengthen competencies of key agencies dealing with GI traceability, quality control mechanism, standards and conformance through specialised training and knowledge sharing activities;
- Assist key stakeholders in enhancing GI regulatory framework, the coordination among relevant agencies at national and sub-national levels, facilitating the evaluation/monitoring by the Government.
Main staff provided:
- Institutional Capacity Building Adviser (600 w/d);
- NKE pool (2.450 w/d).