Detailed description of project Back
The overall objective of the Action (TCF VI) of which this contract will be a part is to strengthened the technical and administrative capacities of the principal stakeholders of EU-Ethiopia Cooperation to enable them fulfil the expected level of cooperation.
The purpose of this TA is to support the NAO and relevant line ministries to effectively manage and implement the ongoing EDF-funded budget support operations and logistic sector reform operations.
The TA services will also support the NAO and selected line ministries in the negotiation and formulation of the next programming cycle in consideration of the recent economic reform agendas of the country.
Expected results include:
- Result 1: Expertise and knowledge provided to improve the data management, elaboration and analysis capacity within the CSA and concerned line ministries to produce acceptable data quality and sound disbursement files for EU funded budget support operations;
- Result 2: Expertise and knowledge provided to improve sector knowledge and implementation of the interventions under the logistics reform agenda;
- Result 3: An enhanced capacity of the NAO/MoF to successfully manage and guide the cycle of EU cooperation programmes in particular the formulation of the next programming cycle;
- Result 4: Expert ad hoc advice provided and documented on specific aspects related to the identification, formulation and implementation of projects/programmes/policies as well as wider macroeconomic and sectoral policy areas which form part of the current reform processes of the country.
Types of services provided
- Diagnosis of the systems of data collection for data relevant to EU budget support operations;
- Diagnosis of the Central Statistic Authority (CSA) procedures and methods for areas relevant to EU’s budget supports (e.g., certification of NDC in the field of climate change);
- Diagnosis compatibility with relevant BS sectorial information systems;
- Diagnosis of CSA structure and its impacts on data quality/policies/legal;
- Pragmatic recommendations and action plan deriving from above mentioned diagnostics;
- Support to the implementation of the action plan;
- Support to and capacity building to BS relevant line ministries and institutions, on data collection, elaboration and analysis, SoE evaluation, as well as in compiling BS disbursement dossier for payment;
- Support to the methods of statistic data collection, elaboration, and information exchange with CSA and line ministries as appropriate;
- Support to the compilation of performance indicators with CSA.
- Undertake a Capacity Needs Assessment of the NAO/MoF and other relevant institutions operating in the sectors identified for logistics interventions;
- Identify appropriate capacity building support activities per beneficiary institutions and prepare an action plan for implementation;
- Support the implementation of the above-mentioned action plan;
- Support to Logistic Council activities;
- Support the Coordination between MoF and logistic institutional actors.
Negotiation and formulation / Economic Reforms
- Support to NAO and line ministries identification/formulation of programmes for next cycle;
- Support to NAO to incorporate in next programming the reform agendas as well as essential elements of the country’s vision to become a middle-income country by 2025;
- Ensure crosscutting issues are clearly identified and incorporated into next programming particularly, gender, youth, environment and climate change;
- Ad hoc support on specific aspects of the Economic Reform Agenda of the country prioritized by MoF;
- Support to international trade negotiations;
- Draft ToR to carry out diagnostic studies supporting the government to identify policy intervention areas for promoting private sector development;
- Identify study areas and draft ToR to initiate project proposals/studies for creating conducive environment for private sector development and improved business climate;
- Support MoF and relevant government bodies in the analysis and recommendation of policy measures in easing business environment, facilitating WTO accession, regional economic integration, debt rescheduling, private sector development in the country.
Main staff provided:
- Team leader (410 w/d);
- Senior statistics expert (260 w/d)
- Pool NKE (200 w/d).