Detailed description of project Back
ARISE Plus-Indonesia aims to contribute to Indonesia’s preparedness and enhanced competitiveness in global value chains through specific support targeting national and sub-national levels. By enhancing Indonesia’s trade competitiveness and openness, the programme will promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, boost job creation and increase employment in a gender sensitive way. Furthermore, the programme provides country-level interventions closely linked to the regional programme ARISE Plus, supporting regional economic integration and trade in ASEAN.
ARISE Plus-Indonesia will cover the following priority areas and components:
Priority Area 1: Trade and Investment Policy including FTA/CEPA
- Component 1.1. Support to the national development planning process;
- Component 1.2. Support to FTA/CEPA through a Rapid Response Facility.
Priority Area 2: Trade Facilitation
- Component 2.1. Support trade facilitation in the context of the WTO-TFA implementation;
- Component 2.2. Trade remedies.
Priority Area 3: Export Quality Infrastructure
- Component 3.1. Support to the implementation of NQA scheme;
- Component 3.2. Support to the improvement of EQI.
Priority Area 4: IPR focusing on Geographical Indications
- Component 4.1. Capacity building of farmers’ communities and GI producers’ associations;
- Component 4.2. Effective GI quality control systems;
- Component 4.3. Support GI governance at national and local levels.
Type of services provided
- To advance institutional capacities in strategic policy planning, which will contribute to the formulation process of the new mid-term development planning (RPJMN) 2020-2025, specifically covering three areas: (1) competitiveness, (2) foreign trade strategy, and (3) investment policy framework;
- To assist the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries to improve the investment policy framework for the sector;
- To provide capacity building to relevant ministries and agencies by funding expertise and other initiatives relevant for the negotiations of the FTA/CEPA, knowledge sharing activities, dissemination and communication of FTA/CEPA results at national and regional levels;
- Support the implementation of some of the WTO-TFA provisions;
- Identify the needs for, develop and implement an advanced capacity building programme for working units/agencies at Ministry of Trade dealing with trade remedies. Knowledge exchange with the EU authority dealing with trade remedies should be part of the training programme. The capacity building programme shall also allow exchange of knowledge and experience between Indonesia and other ASEAN Member States;
- Enhance the Ministry of Trade’s capacity related to research and benchmarking on handling practice of trade remedies cases;
- Provide mentoring and support to the development of implementation guidelines, cases to improve good practices within key agencies;
- Development of applications for ensuring traceability in handling of trade remedies cases;
- Assist in the development of the impact assessment methodology on trade remedies measures to Indonesia’s industrial downstream users;
- Advice and enhance desk-based support or consultation forum for trade lawyers involved in ARISE Plus on recent trade remedies cases in Indonesia/ASEAN. Examine and build synergies with DG TRADE and DG SANTE specific programmes;
- Strengthening institutional capacity of key stakeholders in implementing Export Quality Infrastructure (EQI) Roadmap and National Quality Assurance (NQA) Scheme focusing on agri-food, fisheries, wooden products and cosmetic preparation sectors;
- Supporting the implementation of the National GI Strategy.
Main staff provided:
- Team Leader (880 w/d);
- Trade Facilitation Expert (865 w/d);
- Quality Infrastructure Expert (699 w/d);
- Pool NKE (4.258 w/d).