Detailed description of project Back
The Support to Education and Training II Project (SET II) continues existing EU support to the education sector in Swaziland. The project is focused on supporting primary education with a view to assisting Swaziland achieve MDG 2 on universal primary education.
SET III has three interrelated components:
- The first component will continue EU support provided under SET I for the payment of primary school fees. This component also includes three activities that are directed at improving governance within the sector. These involve: (i) Strengthening the School Committee system; (ii) Reforming the cash transfer system; (iii) Auditing of FPE Grants;
- The second component is focused on improving the quality and relevance of primary schooling. Central to this component is the intention to reform the current primary school curriculum;
- The third component is focused on assisting the MOET implement the proposed National Education and Training Improvement Program (NETIP). This program, initiated under SET I, is designed to operationalize the Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP) that was adopted by Cabinet in 2011. This component will support capacity building of MOET particularly in regards to management, program based approaches and evaluation and monitoring.
The purpose of the contract is to provide technical and advisory services to contribute to the effective and timely completion of the activities associated with the three key components of SET II, ensuring adherence to EDF procedures in all aspects of project implementation.
Type of services provided
Key services include:
- Technical expertise tasks, including (i) supporting activities under free primary education; (2) primary curriculum development, and (iii) the implementation of a sector wide approach including the development of a monitoring and evaluation system;
- Administrative, preparatory and ancillary tasks relating to planning, monitoring, reporting on project components, procurement and financial management.
The TA team comprises:
- Team leader (795 m/d);
- Curriculum development advisor (645 m/d);
- M&E advisor (242 m/d);
- School Committee advisors (4), (2.760 m/d);
- TE (NQF, Management Training etc.), (264 m/d).