Detailed description of project Back
A key role of the IDC is to provide government, donors and recipients with up-to-date but specific information on the Official Development Assistance within South Africa. To this end, a reliable and user-friendly Development Co-operation Information Management System is essential.
The objective of the project is the successful revision, extension, testing and completion of the DCIMS as per required functional and non-functional requirements specification. Final user acceptance, user training, bug fixing, and transfer of the system should be completed. The specific objectives are as follows:
- Test, refine and complete the existing functionality components of the current DCIMS, specifically theproject information, contact information and user role definition and assignment;
- Enhance the current DCIMS to provide powerful, customizable yet user-friendly reporting addressing the specific requirements of the key external stakeholders, namely national government, donors and implementing agencies;
- Extend the current DCIMS functionality to provide more efficient management and progress reporting within ODA-P by implementing a more detailed internal quarterly project reporting and notification system;
- Incorporate a basic document management capability within the DCIMS to link relevant policy and other documents to projects;
- To provide for the efficient implementation of the system by creating a training manual and provide hands-on training to the internal (IDC) and a selected group of external (donor, implementing agencies) users;
- To provide a full and complete system hand-over to the IT within the Treasury. The full system is understood to include compiled/executable system (with all libraries), complete and documented C# source code, database, test cases, technical documentation, user documentation, and training materials in editable Microsoft-compatible format).
Type of services provided
The technical assistance comprised of 7 experts (28 m/m)who delivered the following outputs:
- A fully functional production system as per the service specifications delivered on a packaged CD (3 copies), including automated installation script, executables, necessary libraries, fully documented source code as per coding standards (Visual Studio), and complete database structure and content (SQL Server);
- A fully functional training system;
- Technical documentation including the set of test cases in printed and electronic format;
- User documentation in printed and electronic (editable Microsoft compatible) format;
- A set of training materials and at least on on-location training workshop.