Detailed description of project Back
TVET II purpose is to increase the access, equity, relevance and quality of the TVET sector in Pakistan.
TVET II covers all provinces and regions of Pakistan. The project supports the reform of TVET sector through following three Components:
- Component 1: Governance. Component 1 addresses governance issues of skills development and TVET. It aims at creating conducive conditions for implementing the TVET reform and the NSS in a sustainable manner. Furthermore, it addresses the improvement of the institutional structure and governance of the TVET sector;
- Component 2: National Qualifications Framework and Human Resource Development. Component 2 is to support the development of a National Vocational Qualification Framework (NVQF) including the development of competency standards and curricula and to upgrade the present system of pre- and in-service training;
- Component 3: Innovative training delivery and labour market information and services. To ensure that training is better linked to actual labour market demands, Component 3 supports capacity building of relevant stakeholders to analyse and coordinate labour market information required for skills development, including career orientation and guidance. Through the Fund for Innovative Training (FIT) and by implementing the concept of ‘Learning Region’, the project offers targeted training opportunities for marginalised groups, with a focus on underdeveloped and unstable regions in Pakistan.
The global objective of the assignment is to conduct a final evaluation of the project “Supporting TVET Reform in Pakistan” (known as TVET II).
The specific objective of the final evaluation will be to assess project in terms of design, relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact to-date, and sustainability of the project as a whole and the activities that have been undertaken.
The final evaluation, which is foreseen in the Technical and Administrative Provisions of the project’s Financing Agreement, will provide the decision-makers in the Government of Pakistan, the EU and other key stakeholders with an independent assessment of:
- The overall performance of the project, paying particular attention to the impact of the project actions against its objectives;
- The sustainability/ phasing out strategy of the project and its effectiveness and feasibility;
- The evaluation will also identify key lessons and propose practical recommendations for follow-up and replication actions.
Type of services provided
- Assessment of the progress made across project components towards the goals of complementing the efforts of the Government and other partners with regard to implementation of the NSS and reform of the TVET system;
- Evaluation of the appropriateness of the design, vision, strategies and resources (human and financial) used;
- Review of the overall Logical Framework Analysis (LFA) and the detailed implementation plans;
- Assess the results/ outcome of the project with clear distinction between results brought about by the project (intended outcomes) and results that were not directly expected from the project but to which the project contributed (unintended outcomes);
- Assessment of the development and process of integration and how far the project has established linkages with other TVET interventions in Pakistan;
- Assessment of the relationship between the relevant stakeholders in view of complementing each other’s efforts for the implementation of the NSS;
- Assessment of the development of gender awareness and equity within the project;
- Recommend amendments, where appropriate, to future replications/projects;
- Assess the steps taken towards achieving sustainability after project completion for each of the three components;
- Verify, analyse and assess the integration and impact of cross cutting issues in the project.
The expert team consists of 4 experts: two TVET Experts (including TL, each 30 m/d) and two M&E Experts (each 30 m/d).