Detailed description of project Back
The immediate objective of the project is to make sure that the national inputs for the development of IPs and APs meet well identified and jointly agreed priorities for the cooperation between the EU and Ukraine, set within a broader framework of external assistance and reflecting wider stakeholder consultation and influence.Project counterparts (NCUs) are those public administrations responsible for EU and other external aid planning and management.
The support seeks to address the following:
- Planning and coordinating capacity of the Ukrainian governmental institutions through the NCU/DCEU, in relation to EU support and all other external technical assistance programmes;
- A Tacis programming process that closely reflects the instances of the Ukrainian society and match them with the agreed priorities of the EU technical assistance.
The principal focus of the project is centred around three main axes:
- Insitutional strenghthening;
- Aid management;
- Capacity building.
Component 1: Institutional Strengthening
- Review present state on institutional setting, develop recommendations to improve institutional setting, translate recommendations into a set of country-specific activities;
- Formulate sustainability strategy;
- Develop management structures of the new Neighbourhood Programmes.
Component 2: Aid management
- Advise and hands-on support to the planning and programming of EU aid;
- Active participation of the Ukrainian national and regional Authorities in the preparation of the Neighbourhood Programmes;
- Advise and hands-on support to the project implementation and monitoring;
- External aid coordination;
- Wider stakeholder involvement.
Component 3: Human Resource Development and Management
- Strengthening of NCU’s internal work organisation, development of appropriate management systems and tools;
- Reinforcing Human Resource Development processes & Skills development (training).
Type of services provided
Key services provided include:
- Overall policy development with respect to EU aid planning and programming, inclusive the link with overall external aid co-ordination;
- Support to the formulation of national strategy papers; sectoral and thematic papers and national inputs into the preparation of Indicative Programmes and Action Programmes;
- Support in the formulation of project proposals; ensuring compatibility and coordination with other donors projects the elaboration of Terms of Reference; the monitoring of project implementation;
- HRD: training strategy development; training needs analysis; design and development of training materials,; seminars; study tours (target group: NCU, relevant line Ministries and other Government administrations);
- Promotion of the recognition of the NCU/DCEU’s role at the administrative central and regional level; development of NCU/DCEU’s advisory structures; further development of databases (IDEA) and MIS tools; further development of automised project proposals tools (IPP) linked to MIS tools.