Detailed description of project Back
The overall objective of the project is to promote the stability and security of Turkmenistan as well as to assist in the pursuit of a sustainable economic development and further enhancement of livelihoods of the population.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- To improve and strengthen the planning, co-ordination, monitoring and implementation capacity of the partner state institutions in relation to EU support, in the framework of related external assistance programmes, and within the new EC programme implementation instruments, DCI, providing support to implementation procedures relevant to Turkmenistan;
- Promote an appropriate coordination and exchange of information with other international external aid agencies, EU Member States, other Central Asia agencies and NCUs or equivalent in other countries;
- Support for the setting up of the forthcoming Europa House – EC Liaison Office in Turkmenistan, notably for the facilitation of initial contacts with the Turkmen authorities.
Expected results do include:
- Quality appropriate national inputs for development of EC Aid Programmes, which meet well-identified and jointly agreed priorities for EC/others/partner country co-operation, set within a broader framework of external assistance, and which reflect a wide influence after consultation with major stakeholder;
- Further enhancement of national capacity to support high quality assistance programming, from sector survey and review/evaluation, through to effective dialogue and constructive future development decision-making with the possible providers of assistance;
- Management Information Systems and Database effectively operational.
Type of services provided
The services are provided by a team of two long term experts. Core services include:
- Assistance to the NC in the discussions of CSPs and IPs prepared by the Commission;
- Technical support for project implementation;
- Support to the preparation of pre-programming documents in consultation with line ministries, technical agencies and representative groupings;
- Advise the NC on drafts of Action Programmes, including the identification, pre-selection and submission of project proposals;
- Support the organisation of consultations on draft Indicative and Action Programmes with other stakeholders, such as civil society and private sector representatives;
- To support NCU staff with acquiring the needed general and country-specific skills to guarantee professional coordination and programming of EC assistance programmes;
- To support the further development of the database, networking and the process for registration and recording of the projects in the NCU database
- To organize seminars and study tours in order to encourage exchange of views and experiences between the NCUs and other EC services and maintain this valuable network in the region.
PROMAN as lead company is responsible for the overall execution of the contract.