Detailed description of project Back
The immediate objective of the project is to support the development of a comprehensive and well structured dialogue between the Armenian Government and the EU/EC in the context of the current development cooperation and political framework, and strengthen capacity within the EUTACU and relevant Government units in line with the new requirements arising from the introduction of the ENP. Project counterparts (NCUs) are those public administrations responsible for EU and other external aid planning and management. The principal focus of the project is centred around four main axes:
Component 1: Assistance in EC Aid management
- Enhance information flow between with the EC Delegation;
- Advise and hands-on support to the planning and programming of EU aid;
- Active participation of the Armenian Authorities in the preparation of the Neighbourhood Programmes;
- Advise and hands-on support to the project implementation and monitoring;
- Wider stakeholder involvement.
Component 2: Cooperation with EC and Other donors
- Advise and hands-on support to establishing arrangements with donors on information exchange;
- Advise on aid coordination systems, especially at the higher levels.
Component 3: Tools and Mechanisms for Aid Management and COordination
- Further develop and introduce mechanisms and procedures useful for the whole project cycle;
- Strengthen National Planning Network of line ministries-affiliated contact points;
- Develop an integrated set of tools for the coordination of EC projects, programmes and interventions based on IDEA, IPP and the EUTACU/NCU Website in Armenia.
Component 4: Human Resource Development and Management
- Strengthening of NCU’s internal work organisation, development of appropriate management systems and tools;
- Reinforcing Human Resource Development processes & Skills development (training).
Type of services provided
Key services provided include:
- Overall policy development with respect to EU aid planning and programming, inclusive the link with overall external aid co-ordination;
- Support to the formulation of national strategy papers; sectoral and thematic papers and national inputs into the preparation of Indicative Programmes and Action Programmes;
- Support in the formulation of project proposals; ensuring compatibility and coordination with other donors projects the elaboration of Terms of Reference; the monitoring of project implementation;
- HRD: training strategy development; training needs analysis; design and development of training materials,; seminars; study tours (target group: NCU, relevant line Ministries and other Government administrations);
- Promotion of the recognition of the NCU role at the administrative central and regional level; development of NCU advisory structures; further development of databases (IDEA) and MIS tools; further development of automised project proposals tools (IPP) linked to MIS tools.