Detailed description of project Back
The purpose of this project is to support the Government of Azerbaijan in its efforts to modernize the system of Public Finance Management.
The specific objectives of this assignment are:
- To provide technical assistance to implement the PFM Action Plan 2015-2017 in the areas as identified in the attached action plan (annex 1) and complementary support;
- To provide advice to improve performance in additional areas where there is a significant gap between Azerbaijan and international good practices, particularly in relation to areas for strengthening highlighted in the PEFA assessment 2014;
- Furthermore, to identify and formulate areas for further support to PFM reform in Azerbaijan by the European Union.
Type of services provided
- Assist in implementation of PFM Action Plan 2015-2017 for the Ministry of Finance in line with the attached action plan document and complementary to planned WB support (see annex 1). EU support is to particularly target budget management (classification, medium-term forecast, comprehensiveness and transparency of the budget), software improvement (debt management), internal audit and financial control;
- ToR for a long-term PFM reform project including actions for capacity enhancement of Ministry of Finance, Parliament and Chamber of Accounts (macroeconomic and budget analysis), and other PFM stakeholders and improvement of macroeconomic statistics;
- Successful implementation of a study tour to an EU or EU accession country.
The expert team consists of 4 experts:
- PFM expert and Team leader;
- Budget Management expert;
- PFM expert;
- TIMS and debt management software expert.
PROMAN provides the services of the Team leader.