Detailed description of project Back
The overall objective of this contract is to contribute to the equitable access of all Nigeriens to quality education and to promote lifelong learning opportunities.
The expected results of the implementation of this contract are as follows:
- Result 1 – The capacity of the education system to ensure equitable access for the population, especially the most vulnerable, to educational and training services is strengthened;
- Result 2 – The capacity of the education system to improve the quality of its services, both in terms of teaching and learning, is reinforced;
- Result 3 – The capacity of the government to effectively and efficiently manage and manage its education policy and the education system is strengthened.
The support is aimed in particular at developing and strengthening the governance and policy management capacities, program budget preparation and implementation in the education sector, as well as technical support in the framing and implementation of the program budget. implementation of sector reforms. This includes supporting and strengthening the institutional capacities of the administration in terms of coordination, planning, programming, program budget, information and performance monitoring in the areas targeted by CRS Education.
Types of services provided
- Technical and organizational support for planning (particularly school mapping), implementation and operationalization of strategies and action plans for inclusive access to education;
- Technical support for the implementation of reforms, technical capacity building on piloting and planning issues, in relation to program budgets and strengthening the quality of teaching;
- Support and advice on specific issues related to equity in access to education and training;
- Support to strategic, organizational and capacity building of structures in charge of improving the quality of learning and learning and their follow-up reforms (including curriculum reform);
- Support to the establishment, operationalization and strengthening of HR management systems, mechanisms and tools at sectoral level to strengthen the management and supervision of quality education and monitoring of learning outcomes, in particular at the level of basic education;
- Support for the establishment and operationalization of a modern information and management system for teaching staff, including their skills, especially at the basic education level;
- On the basis of the diagnosis and plan for strengthening the EMIS in its statistical component, technical support for the effective operationalization of a functional, reliable, efficient and holistic statistical system.
Main staff provided:
- Team Leader (464 w/d);
- PFM/Budget Support Expert (79 w/d);
- Education Statistics Expert (510 w/d);
- HR Management Specialist (244 w/d):
- Pool STE (891 w/d).