Detailed description of project Back
The global objective of the assignment is to support the implementation of the Informal Economy Reconversion Programme (PREI) in Angola in the framework of the Budget Support operation.
The specific objective is:
- Enhanced quality and completeness of PREI-related official documents (including costing, monitoring system, integration of a rights-based approach and gender equality);
- Strengthened national capacities at individual, organizational and institutional levels on informal economy;
- Facilitated social dialogue on informal economy within the framework of the Observatory for the Informal Economy;
- Formulated a new Budget Support proposal on informal economy.
The PREI aims to contribute to economic and social growth and boost the promotion of decent work and poverty reduction. The general objective of this Budget Support operation is to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 crisis in Angola with a focus on accelerating the formalisation of the informal economy in line with the fourth pillar of the PREI.
Type of services provided
- Update and detail the PREI Action Plan 2020-2022;
- Ensure a proper integration of human rights, social and gender dimension;
- Quantify the associated cost of activities;
- Develop and structure a robust M&E system;
- Develop training sessions to key national experts to ensure data quality and analytical processes (including monitoring techniques);
- Assess institutional, organizational and individual capacity needs of the public institutions involved in the implementation of the PREI;
- Develop a ‘Capacity Building Plan’ for public institutions;
- Implement priority capacity building actions;
- Identify legislative gaps for a smooth formalisation process and draft policy recommendations;
- Facilitate the implementation of structured public-private dialogue in the framework of the Observatory;
- Propose and implement a plan with key activities to be implemented in the framework of the Observatory, including the organisation and facilitation of seminars, exchanges of experience and other events contributing to this dialogue;
- Identify and formulate a new Budget Support proposal on the informal economy (based on the above assessments).
Main staff provided:
- Team Leader (164 w/d);
- Expert in Informal Economy and M&E systems (83 w/d);
- Budget Support Specialist (71 w/d);
- Gender Mainstreaming Expert (27 w/d).