Detailed description of project Back
The Agreement for Peace and Reconciliation in Mali, resulting from the Algiers process, was signed on May 15 and completed on June 20, 2015 in Bamako. It aims to create the conditions for a just and lasting peace in Mali and to contribute to sub regional stability.
The general objectives of the SDNM II programme (19 M€) are:
- Contribute to the implementation of the Agreement for Peace and Reconciliation, and in particular Annex 3;
- Contribute to the return of peace and strengthen security by setting up local consultation mechanisms on socio-economic development needs in the territories concerned;
- Supporting the restart of economic activity: investments and income-generating activities, local employment during the implementation phase of investments.
The specific objectives are:
- Contribute to the reestablishment of the social connection, trust and inclusive dialogue between previously opposed and/or divided communities, notably through a participatory process of selecting projects and restoring exchanges around the infrastructures built;
- Satisfy the most urgent needs expressed by communities, especially the most isolated because of insecurity;
- Allow public investment in areas weakened by conflict, where the state is not very present;
- Promote the return of the legitimacy of public action.
The programme is structured around three components:
- Component 1 – Local Investment Fund (13.15 M€): the project will finance small and rapidly-deployable investments, which will contribute to improving access to basic public social services, or to revival of economic activities;
- Component 2 – Support to the project management of local authorities for the various stages of the project cycle (identification and consultation for the choice of projects, technical and economic development of projects, award of contracts for the realization of the projects, monitoring-control of the works, exploitation of the infrastructures);
- Component 3: Monitoring and Evaluation.
SDNM 2, under component 2, provides for the recruitment of two regional operators for the entire duration of the programme. It is planned to divide the area of intervention of the programme into two geographically and institutionally coherent sets, with on the one hand a grouping together the regions of Kidal, Gao and Ménaka, and on the other hand a grouping together the regions of Timbuktu, Taoudenit, and Mopti.
PROMAN has been appointed as regional operator for Kidal, Gao and Ménaka.
Type of services provided
- Institutional diagnosis and agreements;
- Contribution to the drafting of the programme procedures manual;
- Development of methodological tools for the identification and formulation of investment projects;
- Accompanying Local Authorities in the identification and formulation phase of investment projects;
- Accompany the technical phase of selection and financing of investments (technical content of project files, constitution of tender dossiers, management and follow-up of works, M&E);
- Satisfy contractual reporting obligations.
Main staff provided:
- Regional Coordinator (726 m/d);
- Financial Advisor (726 m/d);
- Technical Advisor (726 m/d);
- TA team Kidal (1.408 m/d);
- TA teams Gao (1.408 m/d);
- TA team Ménaka (1.408 m/d).