Detailed description of project Back
Inclusion of children with special health abilities is the weakest point of the current education system in Kyrgyzstan. Inclusive education is almost total absent from the pre-service and in-service teacher education space.
Encouragingly the Ministry of Education has addressed the inclusive education for children with special educational needs in Objective 2.3 of the Action Plan of Education Development 2018-2020 (APED). A newly established National Council on Inclusive Education has adopted a robust Framework of Inclusive Education – paving the way for its approval in the budgetary commitments of the government – ensuring sustainability of the reform.
The specific objective of the assignment is (i) to develop and pilot new pre-service and in-service teacher training designed to address inclusive education for children with disability; and (ii) to promote budgetary commitments enabling to address inclusive education.
The expected outputs include:
- Set of recommendations and support to project stakeholders to acquire the institutional, human resource and technical capacities to participate efficiently and effectively in all aspects of the inclusive education development;
- Policy advice, ad-hoc consultancy and support to the Ministry of Education, relevant Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and other stakeholders on inclusive education development and financing;
- On-the-job training and workshops for the ministerial and HEIs staff to increase their capacity;
- At least 5 comprehensive Teacher Training and ToT in Bishkek and country regions;
- At least 2 awareness-raising campaigns to ensure coverage and participation of people concerned.
Type of services provided
- Peer-review, policy and ad hoc
advice to the project stakeholder(s) on development and introduction of pre-
and in-service teacher training enabling to work with children with special
- Identification of capacity
- Research, design and deliver a
series of training;
- Supporting implementation of pre-
and in-service teacher training and training of trainers (ToT) enabling to work
with children with disability;
- Expert, policy and ad-hoc advice
to ensure budgetary commitments enabling to address inclusive education (e.g.
costing, financial/accounting system, education programme budget and mid-term budget
- Develop and carry out
awareness-raising campaign (incl. information and communication) to ensure
widest possible coverage about project activities.
Main staff provided:
- Inclusive Education Expert (220
- Education Finance Expert (260
- Gender Expert (260 w/d).