Detailed description of project Back
The overall objective of the intervention was to provide technical assistance on accessing international development aid to the Ehlanzeni District Municipality in support of implementation of their Integrated Development Programme (IDP).
Specific Objectives were:
- To prepare a comprehensive presentation, based on the Integrated Development Programme (IDP) of the Ehlanzeni District Municipality and related interventions through Provincial and National departments, to motivate the need for development aid to the District;
- Develop capacity in the Ehlanzeni District Municipality regarding accessing and managing Official Development Assistance (ODA).
Type of services provided
Core services provided by the Senior Consultant included:
- Assessment of the current IDP in context of available resources and additional pressure created through external factors such as immigrants from Mozambique & Swaziland; 2010 Soccer World Cup;
- Assessment of viable, sustainable local economic development focus areas;
- Assessment of sustainable job creation and poverty alleviation interventions;
- Assessment of effectiveness of intergovernmental relations (local, district, provincial and national levels) and level of alignment of interventions between National, Provincial, District and Municipalities;
- Outlining integrated management approach to ensure comprehensive and sustainable solutions;
- Identification of specific areas of intervention to be funded by international development partners;
- Counterpart contributions by national, provincial and district level government institutions;
- Sustainability plan;
- Propose different aid modalities, including twinning arrangements;
- Develop capacity at the Ehlanzeni District Municipality regarding accessing, formalising and managing ODA.