Detailed description of project Back
The ACP Group is organizing the 2nd Meeting of ACP Ministers of Education with aim of taking stock of what have been achieved as articulated in the Brussels Declaration on Education for Sustainable Development and its Framework for Action. Further, the 2nd Ministerial Meeting will deliberate on the issue of resource mobilisation, particularly the EDF resources, required to implement the necessary interventions at national, regional and all- ACP Group levels.
The overall objectives of the 2nd Meeting of ACP Ministers of Education are to:
- Take stock of the needed interventions for the implementation of the Brussels Framework for Action on Education in ACP States;
- Reflect on the progress made by ACP States in the achievement of the relevant MDGs;
- Examine the mechanisms for resource mobilisation required to implement the needed interventions and draw up strategies that will effectively utilize these resourcesin ACP States and regions;
- Reaffirm intra-ACP cooperation at the political level, in support of regional collaboration in key areas of education as a vehicle for sustainable development in ACP States and regions; and
- Propose new initiatives for intra-ACP cooperation in the education sector.The global objective of this mission is to contribute to the successful preparation, organisation and convening of the 2nd Meeting of Ministers of Education, scheduled to take place in Brussels, Belgium during the period 20 – 23 October 2008. Two days Meeting (20 –21 October 2008) of ACP senior education officials will proceed the two days Ministerial Meeting (22 – 23 October 2008).
The specific objective is to secure the services of a Consultant, under the management of the ACP Secretary-General, to assist with the technical preparations and organization for the Ministerial and Senior Officials Meetings as indicated above.
Type of services provided
- Assist with the preparation of relevant background technical documentation for the Ministerial Meeting in collaboration with relevant Regional and International Organisations;
- Utilise extensive relevant networks of contacts/associates/collaborators/friends in the interest of the ACP Group in its preparations for the Ministerial Meeting;
- In consultation with the ACP Secretariat, make recommendations regarding inter alia relevant background documents, content and format arrangements pertaining to the Ministerial Meeting;
- Assist in the preparation and finalization of the Draft Ministerial Brussels Consensus on Education and any other document(s) that will constitute the outcome of the 2ndMeeting of ACP Ministers of Education, and
- Assist in any other technical task and activity in relation to the Ministerial Meeting.