Detailed description of project Back
The specific purpose of this assessment is to generate substantial knowledge and learning on Non-Formal Education (NFE) in Lebanon under the RACE Strategy, allowing greater understanding of the existing NFE adaptation and/or expansion to reach all children in Lebanon.
The objectives of the assessment are to:
- Learn from the implementation of the NFE in Lebanon with regards to transition and retention in formal education;
- Learn from the partnership between the different stakeholders;
- Look for potential of adapting/changing or expanding the programme to reach all out of school children;
- Learn from other experiences through the available evaluations conducted at national, regional or global level;
- Provide specific recommendations based on lessons learned in order to understand current learning outcomes and improve planning and implementation for better delivery of results for children in need of the NFE;
- Provide specific recommendations that could guide the expansion of the NFE programme; in coverage of children and in time, to the extent of the need.
Type of services provided
The methodology for this study is mainly qualitative complemented by the analysis of existing data. A participatory approach should be adopted taking into consideration the different relevant stakeholders involved in the Non-Formal Education.
It is expected that the following methods are used in the assessment:
- The desk review of the existing documents: Policy, SOP, Other evaluations and assessment;
- Review of the existing data systems;
- Analysis of the anonymous data available with the different stakeholders;
- Key Informant Interviews with relevant stakeholders;
- Focus Group Discussions with relevant stakeholders;
- Access to official data and learning outcomes from MEHE on students transitioning from NFE into Formal Education.
Main staff provided:
- Team leader (69 w/d);
- Education Expert (38 w/d).