Detailed description of project Back
The main purpose is to contribute to the assessment of the education sector in Jordan through the following activities:
- To assess all the conditions for the Budget Support to the Ministry of Education to deal with the Syrian refugee crisis in Jordan under TF-MADAD/2017/T04.66;
- To update the methodology for the assessment of the quality of education (Indicator n. 2 of the BS) for Jordanian and Syrian pupils, including the design of a new sample of tentatively 100 schools, based on the original 30 schools, and cover the wider quality discussion for Syrians and Jordanians system;
- To provide quality assessment reports based on the new sample of tentatively 100 schools as from 2017, and cover the wider quality discussion for Syrians and Jordanians system;
- To assess the progress in the implementation of and the mechanism of the Common Results Framework (CRF) of the education support to the Syrian refugees through programmes funded to the Ministry of Education by the EU and other donors;
- To assess the mechanism of the CRF, the capacity of the MoE accountability unit to provide the needed data related to the CRF, and provide accordingly capacity building to the accountability unit of MoE;
- To provide additional information upon request by other donors in relation to the Common Results Framework;
- To assess the capacity to align the services of MoE and other agencies for the delivery of education services to Syrian refugees (Education Strategic Plan/ESP) as well as formulate areas for improvement and further development (for instance Non-Formal Education/NFE, prevention of drop out etc);
- To assess the policy of the Ministry of Education in light of the new Education Strategic Plan, in particular the access to education of all children of different nationalities, boys and girls;
- To organize briefings and workshops;
- To provide recommendations for future interventions;
- To update the education sector policy as part of the assessment of the general conditions.
Type of services provided
- To provide an overall independent assessment of the agreed conditions of the European Union’s current cooperation under the EU Support for the Budget Support to the Ministry of Education to deal with the Syrian refugee crisis in Jordan under EUTF TFMADAD/2017/T04.66, in particular related to the second variable tranche;
- To assess benchmarks under a common results framework that has been agreed between the different donors including the integration of the CRF indicators with the indicators derived from ESP, P4R, EU and other donors’ indicators;
- To assess education quality under the existing EU budget support programme (indicator 2);
- To provide recommendations for the future cooperation programming in the field of education (bilateral, regional and thematic) with Jordan and improvement of the current and future European Union’s implementation strategies for (Syrian) refugees as well as suggestions to strengthen the visibility of the interventions;
- To develop recommendations for the improvement of the education system;
- To provide capacity building to the accountability unit of MoE, in relation to the provision of the needed data related to the CRF.
Main staff provided:
- Team leader/Education Expert (80 w/d);
- Monitoring Expert (65 w/d).