Detailed description of project Back
The focus of the current evaluation is on the monitoring of progress against set indicators and the assessment of achievements, the quality and the results of interventions in the context of an evolving cooperation policy with an increasing emphasis on result-oriented approaches. Evaluations should provide an understanding of the cause and effects links between activities and results and in this case in particular the effectiveness and efficiency of the EU intervention in the basic education system in Jordan under the EU Support to the Second Phase of the Education Reform programme and in particular the school construction.
The specific purposes are to contribute to the assessment of the education sector in Jordan with especial attention to the supervision missions, i.e.:
- To assess benchmark for indicator 5 under the EUSSPER;
- To assess all benchmarks for the Budget Support to the Ministry of Education to deal with the Syrian refugee crisis in Jordan under ENI/2014/037-650 and ENI/2015/038-501;
- To assess of all benchmarks for the newly planned EU budget Support programme in the field of Basic Education for the school year 2017-2018 under the Madad programme;
- To update the methodology for the assessment of the quality of education under Jordanian and Syrian pupils, including the design of a new sample of 30 schools (tentatively) to assess the school construction under Madad;
- To provide quality assessment reports based on the new sample of 30 schools as from 2017;
- To assess the Common Results framework of the education support to the Syrian refugees through support programmes of the Ministry of Education funded by other donors under the Jordan Compact;
- To provide additional information upon request by other donors in relation to the Common Results framework;
- To assess the capacity to align the services between MOE and other agencies for the delivery of education services to Syrian refugees as well as formulate areas for improvement and further development;
- To assess the policy of the Ministry of Education in the light of the new Human Resources Development policy;
- To organize workshops;
- To provide recommendations for future interventions;
- To update the education sector policy as part of the assessment of the general conditions.
Type of services provided
The team is composed of three senior experts.
- Education expert and team leader;
- Construction engineer/architect expert;
- Monitoring expert.
The experts shall be expected to:
- Provide an education sector policy review composed of a technical review of the progress made by the Jordanian Ministry of Education in the implementation the EU Budget Support (35), the accelerated learning and the catch-up programmes as well as the overall education policy in relation to the new HRD reform strategy;
- Review recent studies/analyses made by other donors/partners for Jordan;
- Conduct extensive consultations with the EU Delegation, other donors and the Jordanian Ministry of Education, and if necessary UN agencies and subcontracted NGOs in order to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the BS;
- Verify and complete the data by interviewing various stakeholders, such as teachers, students and parents in order to assess the quality of the aid delivery;
- For the analysis of the assistance to Syrian refugees, update the existing methodology for education quality review, including a work plan with a monitoring methodology whereby over the implementation period of the project a selected number of schools in camps and host communities will be monitored, leading to a number of visits during each mission to host communities and the refugee camps. This number has been set at 30 sites;
- Continue the currently existing methodology for review of the quality education, which has resulted in 3 reports, for the first mission and then revise it during the second mission in order to allow a different sampling as a result of the increased participation of double shift schools, and by this effort allowing a new baseline study for the next school year;
- Analyse and monitor the programmes to supporting non-formal, informal, life skills and teacher education for Syrian refugees by the Government;
- During the first mission, present a work plan containing a methodology for the field work as well as corresponding database for data processing.