Detailed description of project Back
The global objective of this project is to improve European Union’s current and future strategies, programmes and actions in the fields of Employment and Education in its upcoming programming period of 2017-2020.
The specific objectives are:
- SO1 – To assess the performance of the intervention of the EVET covering years of 2013-2016 (1st quarter) paying particularly attention to the results of the project against its objectives and taking into consideration the planned mid-term review of the EUVEGE service contract by the ETF;
- SO2 – To measure the feasibility of EU’s further support for Education focused on life-long learning;
- SO3 – To identify linkages of EU’s VET and Education support initiatives in Georgia with the country’s economic development.
The EVET programme aims to stimulate sustainable and inclusive social-economic development through improved transition from education to employment. The specific objectives of the programme are:
- To strengthen the institutional and human resource capacities of the national authorities which would enable them to design, coordinate, implement and monitor labour market and skills needs in close partnership with the private sector;
- To enhance the quality and relevance of the VET system in a lifelong learning perspective in order to ensure better synergy between the skills and qualifications offered and the needs of the labour market;
- To increase the attractiveness of the VET system to potential students and employers and to stimulate the engagement of employers in the design and delivery of VET and continuing education.
Type of services provided
The Requested Services are divided into the following coherent elements:
Requested services relevant to SO1:
- Elaborate evaluation questions;
- Evaluate to what extent the EVET support has been contributing to the achievement of the strategic objectives considered in the financial agreement.
Requested services relevant to SO2:
- Assess the feasibility of further support for education focused on VET from life-long learning perspective taking into account the current and pipelined donor support to the sector.
Requested services relevant to SO3:
- Evaluate to what extent this support can contribute to decrease of an unemployment rate, particularly for younger persons and whether as well as how this can contribute to the economic development;
- Based on the above elements, the expert is expected to provide recommendations that will inform the design of new programmes, namely: (i) Strategic choice of priorities; (ii) Improvement of operating modalities;
- Conduct a briefing/workshop with all relevant stakeholders to present findings. The selection criteria for participants will be jointly agreed with the Delegation at the start of the assignment.
The services are provided by one TVET expert.