Detailed description of project Back
The European Commission and representatives of the Mexican government have identified a cooperation program “Social Cohesion Laboratory II Mexico-European Union” whose objective is the strengthening of social cohesion Mexico, through structural reforms toward a more equal access to basic public services and opportunities. The specific objective of the programme is the implementation of public policies and institutional practices that improve both access to and quality of basic services and public programs related to social cohesion.
The expected results include:
- Reinforced capacities in state competent institutions of two to four federal states of the Mexican Republic are strengthened, in the elaboration and implementation of integrated state agendas of social cohesion. Public policies, institutional practices and pilot projects in the areas of social development, basic health and safety / social care have been developed and implemented jointly. Key cross-cutting issues like gender equality, inclusions of vulnerable groups, transparency, and good government in these policies and practices are integrated;
- Relevant public institutions at federal level have been strengthened and supported in the elaboration and revision of public policies implementation, practical institutional and pilot projects to mitigate the challenges facing the social cohesion in relation to issues of public safety, good governance and the rule of law;
- Strengthened technical and organizational capacity of non-state agencies and the Mexican civil society working in the sectors covered by the programme, with respect to their analytical, monitoring and advocacy capacities. Increase and improve their coordination, cooperation and communication with other NGOs as well as with relevant public actors.
The objective of the mission is to support the EC and the Government of Mexico with the formulation of the programme.
Type of services provided
The mission is undertaken by two experts. PROMAN provides the services of the Team Leader. Core services include:
- Detailed analysis of established sectors;
- Detailed analysis of key stakeholders explaining the distribution of responsibilities / competences between different levels of intervention, as well as the specific needs, and their strengths and weaknesses;
- Detailed analysis of the (two to four) state entities that meet the criteria for participation in the programme;
- Analysis of the current situation in Mexico in the field of security, good governance, access to justice and the rule of law, and the correlation between the previous and social cohesion;
- Proposal for the role / structure of the technical assistance of Social Cohesion Laboratory II;
- For the civil society organizations, identification of actions that contribute to its strengthening and participation in addition to awarding grant funds;
- Identify indicators and means of verification;
- Prepare Action Fiche, TAP, Logical Framework and indicative timetable.
PROMAN HQ provides overall backstopping and quality control.