Detailed description of project Back
This is the final evaluation of AFD’s project to support the promotion and modelling of educational gateways (PASS EDUC) in Niger, the aim of which is to reintegrate girls and boys who have dropped out of school and are not attending school into the formal education system and to strengthen the role of the educational authorities in their care. This project implemented in 5 districts of the municipality of Niamey and 3 municipalities of the region of Tillabéry is structured in three specific objectives:
- Ensure access to formal education (primary and secondary) or vocational training centres for girls and boys who are out of school or out of school. Actions shall ensure that 1800 girls and boys aged 9-14 who are not in school or who have left school have access to formal education (primary and secondary) or vocational training centres;
- Strengthen the capacities of CSOs active in education in their role of accompanying municipalities and regional educational institutions. The aim is to strengthen the capacities of CSOs active in education in their role of alerting, social mobilization, promotion and dissemination of innovative approaches and good practices to support municipalities and educational institutions at regional and national level;
- Promote the good practices generated by the project with a view to enriching the education system or the educational offer, particularly for those who are out of school and out of school.
The evaluation will provide a judgment of the OECD criteria: Relevance, Coherence, Effectiveness, Efficiency, Impact and Sustainability.
Type of services provided
- Literature review to enable the project’s intervention logic reconstruction on the basis of the project’s logical framework. The identification of these elements will provide the necessary basis for finalizing the evaluation questions prior to interviews during the field mission;
- Field mission to confirm or refute hypotheses through qualitative interviews and collection of additional data;
- Provide a second level of analysis, namely a thorough analysis of the evaluative questioning and refine the descriptive analysis of the interventions and the summary analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the project;
- Summary of analysis and development of recommendations.
Main staff provided:
- Team leader – Evaluation Expert (26 w/d);
- Expert in analysis of education drop-out and schooling of vulnerable groups (25 w/d).