Detailed description of project Back
The mission’s main objective is to analyse and draw lessons from the current GBS intervention (SERP II) in order to provide directions for the formulation of a new multi year budget support program in Vanuatu, financed by the European Union under the 10th EDF, namely SERP III. More specifically this assignment will address issues linked to statistics/data.
The specific objective of this mission is to provide the NAO and the EU with the following inputs and analysis:
- Information about support from donor partners in the statistics sectors already existing. Analysis of this information will lead to a needs assessment of complementary support to this sector that could be included in institutional support component of the SERP III programme;
- Quantitative and qualitative assessment about statistical data available (Department of Statistics, VEMIS at Education, Reserve Bank publications, etc…) that could be used for Monitoring and Evaluation of both the PAA and the PLAS.
The expert will achieve the specific objective through:
- Carrying out an analysis of the monitoring and evaluation (including statistics) system in relation to the implementation of PLAS, PAA and national policies;
- Advertising about opportunity/necessity of institutional supports to Auditor General Office and/or Department of Internal Audit (MFEM);
- Compiling a matrix of all the institutional support granted by the entire community of donors in the areas relevant to the statistics/quantitative information and the programming of institutional support in this domain;
- Using the results and recommendations of the above evaluations and analysis to contribute to the submission of an Action Fiche for the follow-up intervention SERP III (Component 1). The proposals will have to meet the principles of the Vanuatu Country Strategy Paper and National Indicative Program of the 10th EDF, as well as the requirements of the guide for EU Budget Support.
Type of services provided
PROMAN provides the services of a senior expert with a proven experience in statistic analyses and institutional support, including:
- Excellent knowledge of EU Budget Support interventions;
- Excellent knowledge of national statistical systems in developing countries;
- Experience and tangible evidence in the planning and implementation of institutional support;
- Experience in production, monitoring, dissemination and analysis of social indicators in developing countries;
- Excellent analytical skills of public expenditure (allocation, performance) for social sectors;
- Good knowledge of macroeconomic issues and tools of analysis and consistency in this area;
- Specialist in support to social sectors (education, health) in developing countries.