Detailed description of project Back
The global objective of the assignment is to assist the Republic of Mauritius in achieving its objective of becoming a knowledge-based economy.
The specific objective of the assignment is to develop a costed and implementable Action Plan for the Tertiary Education Strategic Plan 2013-2025, with the appropriate tools for monitoring and evaluation and a training plan.
- Prepare an Action Plan for the Tertiary Education sector strategy (2013-2025);
- Provide a costing of the Action Plan for the Tertiary Education sector strategy (2013-2025);
- Prepare an Implementation schedule for the Action Plan. This will include a list of projects ranked in order of priority, complete with cost estimates and proposals for implementing modalities, including through partnerships and collaborative agreements. The roles and responsibilities of each and every relevant stakeholder will be clearly spelt out in the implementation schedule;
- Prepare a monitoring and evaluation plan for the implementation of the Strategy and Action Plan, so that the Ministry of Tertiary Education, Science, Research and Technology has all the necessary tools to take stock of progress achieved, identify risks and possible gaps and weaknesses and bottlenecks in the implementation.
- Identify training needs for human resources development for the implementation of the Action Plan and develop a corresponding training plan;
- Define a resource mobilisation strategy for the implementation of the Action Plan and appropriate financing options;
- Define the modifications needed to the regulatory framework in view of the proposals of the Action Plan for the Tertiary Education Strategic Plan and propose amendments to the various pieces of relevant legislation.
Type of services provided
The services are provided by a team of 4 experts:
- Tertiary Education Expert and Team Leader;
- Human resources specialist;
- Legal expert.
PAI provides the services of the HR Specialist.
PROMAN oversees overall implementation and quality control.