Detailed description of project Back
The general objective of the DINU programme is to consolidate stability in Northern Uganda, eradicate poverty and under-nutrition and strengthen the foundations for sustainable and inclusive socio-economic development.
The specific objectives and expected results of the programme are:
- Specific objective 1: To increase food security, improve maternal and child nutrition, and enhance household incomes through support to diversified food production and commercial agriculture and through improving household resilience (notably to climate change) and women empowerment:
- Result 1.1: Increased production of diversified food;
- Result 1.2: Increase market accessibility;
- Result 1.3: Nutrition-specific interventions.
- Specific objective 2: To increase trade of commodities within the region, within the country, and with neighbouring countries through the improvement of transport infrastructures:
- Result 2.1: Transport infrastructures in the regions are improved and climate-resilient;
- Result 2.2: Cargo distribution system and storage capacities are improved in Northern Uganda.
- Specific objective 3: To strengthen capacity, gender-responsive good governance (core mandate and general broad mandate) and the rule of law at the level of local government authorities and empower communities to participate in improved local service delivery.
- oResult 3.1: Capacities of Local governments to manage core public financial processes is strengthened to improve service delivery and local development;
- Result 3.2: Upward accountability of Local Governments increased;
- Result 3.3: Downward accountability of Local Governments to its constituents is strengthened by empowering citizens, civil society, media, NSAs, private sectors in their interaction with Local Government;
- Result 3.4: Capacities of local government to deliver services to communities strengthened.
The purpose of this contract is to assist the Office of the Prime Minister in the effective and efficient execution of the DINU programme so that its implementation complies with the terms and conditions of the Financing Agreement and the specific objectives and expected results foreseen in the programme description annexed to the financing agreement are achieved.
Type of services provided
- Establishment of a fully functional Technical Assistance team providing support to the OPM in the implementation of the programme;
- Establishment and implementation of operational and financial management systems in accordance with 11th EDF rules and procedures;
- Increasing capacity of the OPM to implement EU funded projects through participation in OPM management structures and on-the-job training of OPM staff in EDF procedures;
- Ensuring application of sound technical standards and methodologies and providing guidance to all stakeholders involved in programme implementation;
- Refinement of the programme M&E system and the provision of support to implementing partners to ensure that their monitoring systems are coherent and lead to relevant aggregated information about programme progresses that is relevant and accurate;
- Ensuring contracts foreseen to be implemented in indirect management with the government of Uganda are signed, implemented and monitored in compliance with 11th EDF rules and procedures;
- Support to the coordination of activities implemented by partners contracted in indirect management with EU member states and international organisations;
- Support to the coordination of activities implemented by all implementing partners with relevant districts and MDA-led initiatives;
- Ensuring effective dialogue and communication structures with all implementing partners in place, including the steering committee, inter-district meetings, local government meetings, and ad-hoc meetings as required;
- Production of timely and quality reports as per the 11th EDF rules;
- Documenting an disseminating evidences and learnings concerning the successes, unintended consequences and failures of the programme;
- Ensuring effective implementation of the EU visibility activities as per relevant guidelines.
Main staff provided:
- Chief Technical Advisor (1.200 m/d,);
- Technical Advisor Northern Uganda (1.125 m/d);
- Technical Advisor Karamoja (1.125 m/d);
- Technical Advisor Finance, Administration and Contracts (1.200 m/d).