Detailed description of project Back
The overall objective of the NISIS is to contribute in the fight against poverty by establishing, within departments of the Social Protection and Community Development Cluster in all three spheres of government, a technology platform that will eliminate disparity and systemic deficiencies, reduce fraud and enable better and more effective coordination between government departments.
The purpose of the NISIS is to establish an integrated database that would serve departments in the cluster when they verify the accuracy and truthfulness of information, cross referencing and for planning purposes. This will be achieved by:
- Providing a more reliable, integrated and detailed view of households living in poverty in order to more precisely and effectively identify and respond to their needs;
- Enabling the coordination of anti-poverty efforts across the Social Protection and Community Development Cluster and provincial and local administrations;
- Minimising the duplication and inefficiencies arising from the maintenance of a multitude of often deficient beneficiary registers across different government entities and social programmes;
- Enhancing policy development, monitoring and evaluation capabilities by providing tools to effectively analyse improved data;
- Reducing fraud by providing visibility of individuals’ participation across major social programmes.
Specifically, the purpose is to support the work currently performed by NISIS programme in Limpopo, Mpumalanga and Gauteng, which included data cleansing, integration of data and the training of government employees in the software used by NISIS for data capture.
Type of services provided
The core services of a Project Coordinator and a Provincial Technical Support Officer are as follows:
- Provide guidance and support in the implementation of the NISIS pilot phase;
- Coordinate roll out activities in all pilot sites;
- Provide administrative and businesssupport to NISIS;
- Assist in the development and updating of the National Roll Out Plan;
- Create and maintain a database of all provincial users of NISIS;
- Assist with the development of a national profiling and data capturing training plan;
- Provide required support to the NISIS team in ensuring that all provinces are technically set up to capture profiles;
- Follow up on actions to be taken by project team members;
- Train users on-site throughout the country to support the roll-out of the system;
- Assist in setting up basic infrastructure for end-users (computers, local area networks) to supplement provincial capacity where needed;
- Provide first line support for the system as the central point of contact for end-users reporting any problems;
- Perform basic systems administration functions on the system (training will be provided;
- Gather and consolidate feedback from end-users in order to inform future development roadmap;
- Track incidents logged until resolution and liaise with end-users.