Detailed description of project Back
The survey will relate the classroom practices observed and the level of achievement of student learning that will be assessed through standardized tests (EGRA / EGMA).
It will provide answers on the following questions:
- Training, pedagogical guidance and lesson planning by teachers to understand the characteristics of the context related to what is observed;
- Teaching techniques and methods and how lessons are learned in a practical way to understand what the teacher does and what he or she does to build the knowledge and skills needed;
- Teacher-student relations in order to appreciate the level of application of the principles of differentiated pedagogy;
- Management of learning time in the school by the school administration to assess the level of compliance with the school calendar;
- The management of learning time by teachers in class to appreciate how much time is actually put to learn.
Type of services provided
- Preparation of a scoping note presenting the detailed methodology of the survey and explaining how the proposed approach will achieve the objectives and results;
- Drafting of a full survey report including among others a description of the context of the survey, the objective, the methodology, the various results obtained as well as the recommendations addressed to the relevant departments of the Ministry of Primary Education;
- A logbook for field supervisors, a database of classroom practices (videos, fact sheets, toolbox) and a database of analyzes of classroom practices observed and providing the necessary information concerning schools, classes, actors surveyed and student assessments.
Main staff provided:
- Team leader (90 w/d);
- Class Room Expert (80 w/d);
- National Expert (85 w/d).