Detailed description of project Back
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the capacity and resources of key tourism governing and advisory bodies in Vietnam in the area of tourism marketing and promotion to ensure sustainability and enhanced competitiveness of the destinations and at the same time contribute to social economic development of the local people and business community.
The specific objectives of this assignment are as follows:
- To support in the successful establishment of a Tourism Development Fund and an effective governance structure based on PPP; and
- To support in the strengthening of regional competitiveness by developing and piloting a model for competitive index ranking of tourism destinations.
The activities of this support will be implemented under two components namely:
- Prepare concept paper for the establishment of a Tourism Development Fund with associated governance model;
- Develop Competitive Index of Tourism Destinations and piloting implemented.
Type of services provided
- Elaboration of concept paper on the establishing of the Tourism Development Fund and associated governance;
- Preparation of roadmap with recommendations, timelines and responsible bodies for implementation of the proposed Tourism Development Fund;
- Competitive Index of Tourism Destinations developed and piloted in five destinations;
- Pilot Competitiveness Index implemented in at least five destinations;
- Operation Plan with annexed toolkit for implementation of the Competitiveness Index of Tourism Destinations developed;
- Visibility activities to increase awareness on EU support to the tourism sector.
Main staff provided:
- Tourism development and policy expert (25 w/d);
- Legal expert on governance, policy and regional development (15 w/d);
- Tourism marketing and development expert (20 w/d);
- Economics expert in PPP funding models (15 w/d).