Detailed description of project Back
The overall objective of this project is to support the Government of Georgia in the implementation of the Association Agreement in the field of maritime transport.
The specific objectives of this project are:
- To support the responsible Georgian authorities to implement the EU Directive 2009/45/EC on safety rules and standards for passenger ships;
- To support the responsible Georgian authorities to implement the EU Directive 2001/96/EC on requirements and procedures for the safe loading and unloading of bulk carriers;
- To support the development of Georgian maritime strategy taking into consideration the relevant provisions of the Association Agreement.
Type of services provided
- Review of the compliance of the applicable legislative environment in Georgia with the main requirements of the Directive 2009/45/EC and Directive 2001/96/EC;
- Transposition of relevant principles of the Directive 2009/45/EC and Directive 2001/96/EC into the Georgian Legislative Environment;
- Development of Action Plan for capacity building and execution of first trainings measures;
- Support to preparation of the Maritime Strategy of Georgia.
Main staff provided:
- Team leader (75 w/d);
- Senior Expert in Maritime Management (75 w/d);
- Maritime Experts (80 w/d).