Detailed description of project Back
The objective of this study is to support the IDC, National Treasury to draft specific terms of reference in different fields (sector, project & programme studies, reviews and evaluations, and advisory and logistical support services) in accordance with the needs identified.
Specifically, the areas to be covered will be for studies under the following areas:
- Pension funds policy under national treasury/Budget office;
- Financial sector policy;
- Public Finance Management Act/Municipal Finance Management Act;
- Regional integration and impact of development cooperation/ technical assistance;
- SADC capacity development platform;
- Pre-feasibility & appraisal studies [feasibility studies];
- Needs assessments, MTR’s, Monitoring and evaluation system, budget alignment studies;
- DCIS and technical assistance;
- Solution driven performance audits & analyses of selected projects, evaluation … etc.);
- Analytical and innovative studies which have implications on ODA related discussions contributing to informed policy and operational decisions;
- Major sectoral impact studies of ODA per year in South Africa and the region, formulate strategies to take best practice lessons learned forward.
Type of services provided
The services are provided by a team of 2 experts. Core services include:
- Undertaking a review with various stakeholders of the needs for the various ToR requirements;
- Compile a Term of Reference for each of the requirements that would enable the proposed ToR to be approved and implemented under the specific studies.