Detailed description of project Back
The support provided under the 11th EDF aims to increase and strengthen the effectiveness of
agricultural policy in:
- Strengthening the perspective of sustainable agricultural development and
- Ensuring the integration of issues relating to food and nutrition security.The proposed intervention strategy has two components:
- Sector budget support (in two phases);
- Institutional support and support for intersectoral dialogue (phase 1 and 2).
This mission is to support the Delegation of the European Union in Senegal and the Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF), EDF National Authorising Officer, in the formulation of the multi-sectoral approach for sustainable agriculture and food security (including nutrition) in Senegal.
The specific objectives of the mission are:
- Further analysis of sector policies in sustainable agricultural development, environment, food security and nutrition;
- Analyse the macro-economic framework of the agricultural sector and capitalize on analyzes and recommendations of studies on promising sectors and distribution channels, currently in progress;
- Review work already done by the Ministry of Environment in the field of sustainable management of natural resources;
- Highlight indicators covering the agriculture and environment sectors, including tracking indicators for the first phase of budget support to the agricultural sector;
- Assist the EU Delegation and the Ministry of Economy and Finance in their discussions with the Government and stakeholders (private operators, civil society, donors).
- Analyse the institutional framework, capacity and organization of the institutions concerned to identify needs for support on intersectoral policy dialogue and institutional strengthening (objectives, results, activities and means to implement).
Type of services provided
The services are provided by a team of 3 experts:
- One team leader, specialist in sustainable agricultural development;
- One macro-economics, budget support and PFM specialist;
- One food security and nutrition specialist.
PROMAN provides the services of the food security and nutrition specialist.