Detailed description of project Back
The overall objective of the project, of which this technical assistance will be a part, is to contribute to sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction in Zambia through improved aid coordination and delivery.
The purpose of the technical assistance is to enhance the capacity of the NAO, in the implementation, coordination and monitoring of the EU/EDF portfolio.
The consultant shall be expected to provide TA to deliver on the following core result areas:
- Result 1: Cooperation between the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) and the EU is enhanced and made more effective;
- Result 2: Processes for project identification, implementation and monitoring are more efficient;
- Result 3: Contractual, administrative and financial management of EU projects strengthened;
- Result 4: Management capacity of the EMD and NAO office and of relevant counterparts in Ministry of Finance and other line ministries strengthened.
Type of services provided
The core expert team (TAT) comprises 4 LT experts:
- A Technical Adviser (team leader, 851 m/d)), who will provide expert advice, put in place and maintains measures to assure the quality of the technical assistance, and work on a daily basis with the TAT, the NAO Coordinator, other staff in the NAO’s office and the officers from line ministries, assigned to work in the NAO’s office;
- A Finance and Contracts Adviser (851 m/d) to support the NAO in efficiently applying the relevant rules and procedures throughout all stages of programme and project implementation and preparation;
- An Agriculture Adviser (851 m/d) to assist in all tasks related to the preparation and implementation of projects in the agricultural sector, to contribute to quality assurance and the smooth implementation of the relevant administrative steps. The expert will also be responsible for assuring the communication and efficient cooperation with the relevant line ministry;
- A Social Sectors Adviser (851 m/d) to assist in all tasks related to the preparation and implementation of projects in the social sectors such as Health and Education, to contribute to quality assurance and the smooth implementation of the relevant administrative steps, including procurement processes. The expert will also be responsible for assuring the communication and efficient cooperation with the relevant line ministry.
In addition, 1.435 man days of specialised short-term technical assistance (STTA) are provided.
PROMAN as lead partner of the consortium ensures overall backstopping of the project: backstopping missions in the field, quality assurance, overall contract management.