Detailed description of project Back
The overall objective of the project is to support Angola’s development strategy through the implementation of strong European development programs and to promote a coherent and informed approach to political dialogue and development cooperation, political cooperation and cooperation in the framework of the “Joint Way” Partnership Agreement.
The specific objective of this contract is:
- Strengthen the institutional and technical capacity of the NAO Office to manage EDF funding to ensure effective and timely programming and implementation of EU funded projects and programs;
- Strengthen the technical qualifications and management capacity of all Angolan officials, including officials from the technical ministries and other agencies directly involved in the management of community assistance;
- Strengthen the capacity for global co-ordination of co-operation, in particular with regard to dialogue between partners and institutional relations, by the NAO Office.
The results to be achieved by the contractor under this contract are:
- Greater ownership by the NAO Office of the process of implementing and monitoring EU-funded cooperation;
- Reinforced technical, administrative and management capacities of the NAO Office, in particular through the implementation of procedures and management routines for EDF funded programs;
- Increase in the number of Angolan staff within the NAO Office, technical ministries and other agencies involved in the implementation of Community aid programs, trained in EDF procedures;
- Increased interaction and coordination among the various development cooperation actors in Angola.
Type of services provided
- Technical support to the NAO Office throughout the project cycle, including identification, planning, implementation and monitoring of the 11th EDF programs and projects, and implementation and monitoring of the 10th EDF projects still in the implementation phase, in accordance with Community procedures;
- Support for the design and implementation of activities agreed under the “Joint Path” Partnership Agreement;
- Organization of training actions, as required, on the management of the project cycle and EDF procedures for Angolan officials involved in the management of EDF funded cooperation programs;
- Communication and visibility of actions, in accordance with the guidelines as per the most recent ‘Communication and Visibility Requirements for EU External Actions’ manual.
Main staff provided: