Detailed description of project Back
The general objective of the project of which this contract is part is to promote a sustainable and balanced territorial development based on concerted and inclusive local governance, promoting gender equality and ensuring the emergence of innovative territorial dynamics.
The specific objective of the PADT is to support the State and the territorial administration – deconcentrated and decentralized – for the operationalization of the National Policy of Decentralization and Deconcentration (Ponadec), according to the principles of good governance, with a view to to ensure a balanced development of the national territory, the promotion of the attractiveness of the territories and the provision of quality services to citizens.
The aim of this contract is to recruit a technical assistance team in order to support the implementation of complementary support envisaged under the PADT.
Its specific aims are to:
- Strengthen the capacities of parties involved in implementing the national decentralisation policy (Politique nationale de décentralisation – Ponadec), specifically (i) the Ministry of Decentralisation and Local Governance and its dedicated structures; (ii) devolved services, especially the prefectures and the departmental directorates of the Ministry of the Living Environment and Sustainable Development; and
- Assist the parties involved in the Ponadec, at different levels (central, devolved and decentralised), with efficient and appropriate means and resources to strengthen capacities by supporting (i) the Local Government Training Centre (CeFAL); (ii) the design and/or update, development and assimilation/implementation of instruments, tools and methodological supports to ensure the effectiveness of said parties’ assignments.
Type of services provided
- Specific support for capacity building for the categories of actors within the structures identified by the PADT through advice, provision of materials and tools, and training;
- Assist actors to take charge of the ongoing change in their positions, missions and roles, and/or to anticipate in the context of institutional reforms and changes;
- Strengthen knowledge on EU procedures;
- Specific support for CeFAL, which should focus on global approaches: overall engineering in capacity building, methodology, possibly training of trainers;
- Support for the design and/or updating, dissemination and implementation of instruments and tools;
- Support for the revision (updating, adaptation, etc.) of the legal texts in force, the design/development of new texts;
- Support for the development of the future policy document that will succeed PONADEC;
- Supervision, coordination, coherence and synergy of the various activities of permanent and NKE TA;
- Coordination with the IA for the implementation of program estimate activities in relation to institutional support;
- Administrative tasks: mandatory six-monthly reports to the SC, information to the Technical Committee, Secretariat of the SC and the Technical Committee.
Main staff provided:
- Team leader (880 w/d) (non-permanent);
- Capacity building expert (440 w/d) (non-permanent);
- Local development specialist (440 w/d) (non-permanent).