Detailed description of project Back
Education has been the Key sector of the EU’s Development Cooperation with Indonesia since 2009:
- The EU Budget Support Programme “Education Sector Support Programme” (ESSP Phase I & II). Works on results-based disbursements, based on the Joint Results Framework, focus on Access, Quality and Governance;
- The “Analytical Capacity and Development Partnership” programme (ACDP), co-funded by the Australian Government and managed by the Asian Development Bank. Evidence-based policy-support think-tank implemented through Asian Development Bank. Includes studies on financing, strategic planning, religious education;
- The “Minimum Service Standards Capacity Development Programme” (MSS CDP) in Basic education, tackles quality, governance, regional disparities. The programme is being implemented through the Asian Development Bank in 108 districts representing 1/5th of all Indonesia districts.
The objective of the assignment is to undertake the final evaluation of the 3 Actions.
Type of services provided
Assessment of the programmes using the standard 5 DAC evaluation criteria, namely: relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, sustainability and impact. In addition, as requested by the Better Regulation Package, the evaluation will assess two EU specific evaluation criteria:
- The EU added value of the programmes, both regarding their design and implementation;
- The coherence of the programmes themselves, with the EU strategy in Indonesia, with other EU instruments (like Macro Financial Assistance), with Member States, with the country’s national strategies and cross cutting strategies such as PFM and the Public Administration Reform, and with other donors when relevant.
The services are provided by a team of three experts:
- Team leader (37 w/d);
- 2 Education Specialists (74 w/d).