Detailed description Back
The global objective is to ensure visibility, raise awareness and promote a shared understanding of EU funded actions implemented under the EU Support to Recovery from Conflict and Resilience Building in Yobe State.
The specific objectives of this assignment are:
- Communicate the projects to potential end-beneficiaries and encourage their participation in the process;
- Help the target audience understand the EU’s role in building resilience in conflict-affected areas in Nigeria;
- Demonstrate the EU’s partnership with Nigeria’s development processes at the grassroots level;
- Inform the media on the EU’s contribution as Nigeria’s largest development cooperation partner;
- To influence federal and state level policy-making for better targeting of social safety net programmes through highlighting end-beneficiaries success stories;
- Create visibility for the EU Delegation and its activities in Nigeria.
In addition to these specific objectives, all activities to be funded under this Terms of Reference will adequately integrate and promote the cross-cutting objectives of the European Commission: environment and climate change, rights based approach, persons with disability, indigenous peoples and gender equality.
Education, and duration of equivalent experience:
- Possession of a Master’s degree in Audio Engineering, Creative Sounds, Journalism with a specialisation in Audio or other relevant Arts or Social Science disciplines or equivalent. In lieu of a Master’s degree, equivalent qualifying professional experience of at least 5 years may be accepted. In lieu of a tertiary level degree i.e. a Bachelor’s degree, equivalent qualifying professional experience of at least 7 years may be accepted.
- Minimum 3 years commercial audio making experience (radio, advertisement) with extensive knowledge of soundscaping and composition demonstrated by portfolio;
- Experience in audio-reportage projects for development programmes/projects funded by national (or regional) governments, the EU, Member states agencies or other donors, having completed at least 1 similar project;
- Ability to work independently as part of a cross-functional team;
- Proficient in sound editing and treatment software/equipment. The CV will mention which and whether the applicant will have access to them during the mission;
- Knowledge of EU communication and visibility rules and of EU development cooperation activities will be an advantage;
- Previous experience of West Africa and, particularly, Nigeria, will be an advantage.
- The expert is required to have proficiency of English both written and oral. Knowledge of local languages (Hausa/Fulani, Kanuri, Pidgin English) will be an advantage.