Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is to contribute to a more sustainable management of natural resources and tackling climate change based on Space science and technology applications
- African organisations, policy-makers and practitioners make more effective use of Earth Observation data to develop relevant operational information services at national, regional and continental levels
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in international relations, business administration, economy, law, international development or directly related discipline; (a minimum of 5 years with minimum a license degree, in addition to the required “general professional experience”, can be considered as “equivalent);
- Fluent in English and French.
General professional experience
- Minimum 5 years, preferably 10 years, of experience in an international development project;
- Minimum 4 years, preferably 8 years, Proven track record in analysing and advising sustainable development, strategic policies and initiatives related to the domain of the programme;
- Experience of minimum 5 years, preferably 10 years in a multi-cultural environment, preferably in Africa.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 3 years, preferably 5 years proven track record in working at multi-country/ regional and/or continental level ;
- Minimum 3 years, preferably 5 year’s proven experience in promoting strategic partnerships at institutional level, preferably in the context of intra-Africa regional cooperation (African Union Commission, Regional Economic Communities) in a domain related to the programme;
- Minimum 3 years, preferably 5 years experience in institutional relations and decision making processes for sustainable management and monitoring of natural resources including marine and coastal areas;
- Minimum 3 year-experience preferably 5 years in capacity development/training in data and evidence supporting policy related issues and challenges;
- Minimum 2 years, preferably 4 year’s proven experience in communication and dissemination activities in a domain related to the programme.
Other relevant skills:
- Communication- Effective written, oral and presentation skills;
- Negotiation – ability to develop consensus among people with varying points of view;
- Teamwork: Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds with respect of diversity;
- Judgement/decision making- Good judgement initiative, imagination and resourcefulness, energy and tact, ability to ensure an effective work structure to maximize productivity and achieve Unit’s goals;
- Well-developed ICT skills including efficient use of word processing, spreadsheets, email, social media and other important computer applications.