Detailed description Back
The overall objective (Impact) to which this action contributes is to support the region in making progress towards the implementation of more sustainable consumption and production patterns supporting compliance with climate change and environmental agreements. The programme aims at closing SCP policy gaps and addressing weaknesses of regional environmental and climate change-related organisations. While SCP policies in the region are still mainly driven by the national level, strengthening the capacities of regional organisations and supporting regional dialogues will provide policy-makers with the opportunity to share policy insights through strong regional fora.
The specific objectives (Outcomes) of this contract are as follows:
- Specific objective (Outcome) 1: Regional organisations and governments will increase their capacities to design regional and national action plans on SCP and/ or circular economy action plans, to establish regional/ sub-regional/ national Green Public Procurement systems and in monitoring/ reporting achievements of the SDG12 (mainly) and other SCP-related SDGs8;
- Specific objective (Outcome) 2: Policy-makers in the region will be supported to include SCP targets in their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs)9 and governments will confirm or increase their compliance to global, regional and/or sub-regional multilateral environmental and climate change-related agreements;
- Specific objective (Outcome) 3: Regional organisations and governments will engage in regional and global policy dialogues strengthening their knowledge on SCP and their capacities to mainstream it into their policies. Partnerships with key regional and EU partners as well as with international donors supporting the SCP agenda in the region will be strengthened.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree in environmental science, natural resources management, environmental economics, economics, international relations, political science, or an equivalent relevant professional experience of min. 5 years (These 5 years of professional experience will be counted on top of the “General Professional Experience”);
- English, C1 level (reading, speaking and writing). A B1 level of a language from the region will be considered an advantage.
General professional experience:
- 5 years of professional experience in areas related to environmental science, natural resources management or environmental economics, SCP, circular economy.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in the Middle-East or in Asia or in the Pacific (also in countries of the region not directly eligible) on projects related to environmental science or natural resources management or environmental economics or SCP, and at least 1 experience of at least 3 months in supporting governments or regional organisations in designing strategies and action plans related to SCP or green economy;
- Experience in engaging in SDG reviews will be considered an advantage.