Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the SB4U Platform, of which this contract will be a part, is to contribute to sustainable economic development of Uganda by promoting an increased level of private sector investments and trade between domestic and EU businesses. The Platform provides a joint forum and mechanism for domestic and EU private and public stakeholders to discuss priority issues, and support the implementation of concrete actions, for an improved investment climate and for private sector partnerships in Uganda that promote green economy and create decent employment.
The purpose of this contract is to establish a fully functional SB4U Secretariat in order to:
- Support SB4U Platform stakeholders to strategically engage with domestic and EU private sector, EU and its Members States diplomatic missions and cooperation agencies, and the government of Uganda on key constraints, opportunities, and responses for sustainable domestic and EU private investment;
- Facilitate strengthening the business links, partnerships, and the market access for domestic and EU private sector; and
- Monitor and advance the implementation of the current and future “Uganda-EU Roadmap” activities to improve the investment climate.
Qualifications and skills
- Advanced university degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Law, Economics, Business Administration or other diploma relevant to the requested activities;
- Strong written communication skills; ability to support other team members in their interface with public and private sector leaders;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Excellent written/oral presentation, advocacy and facilitation skills.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience either in the private sector and/or in developing and managing technical assistance, advisory services, business projects or consultancy programs in the areas of private sector development, trade and/or investment promotion;
- Relevant experience in leading teams and coordinating complex projects involving many stakeholders would be a strong asset;
- Experience in working with and facilitating private-public collaboration and dialogue would be a strong asset;
- Experience in working on EU-funded projects/programmes as Team Leader would be an asset.
Specific professional experience
- Experience in supporting and guiding policy-making in the areas of private sector development, improving investment climate and trade;
- Experience in the design and implementation of communication and visibility strategies;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Ugandan Government structures and policies; notably Uganda’s economic development policy, would be an asset;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Ugandan private sector and business communities would be an asset;
- Knowledge of EU-Uganda/East Africa Economic, Trade and Investments relations, EU’s external actions and investments plan would be an asset;
- Experience working on EU-funded projects/programmes/facilities aiming at supporting the implementation of EU trade/cooperation/investment agreements or roadmaps would be an asset;
- Experience in coordination/managing trade and investment-related events would be an asset.