Detailed description Back
The purpose of the assignment is to assist the EU delegation in Jordan in scoping, identifying and formulating future programme in the education sector as from 2023, in the context of the signed MIP, under the Neighbourhood, Development and Cooperation Instrument, NDICI.
The specific objectives for the assignment include:
- To contribute to improved understanding of opportunities and gaps in the provision of donor support to the implementation of the ESP and the MTR report related recommendations, taking into account MIP priorities;
- To identify possible areas of alignment between the support to the Jordanian education system and specific actions targeting refugee populations, in line with the ESP, AAI and SDG4;
- To identify opportunities for strengthening inclusive education in Jordan, with particular focus on the one-refugee-approach and the integration of people living with disability;
- To identify synergies between continued support to the education sector (inc. TVET);
- To outline opportunities for EU added value to engage with the Jordanian authorities on strengthening access to and quality of primary, secondary and tertiary education – with a view towards employability and skills development; and education sector management and governance.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree (min. master’s degree for team leader) in a subject relevant to the assignment (e.g. education, political science, law etc.)
General professional experience:
- Min. 12 years relevant general professional experience for the team leader; min. 6 years relevant general professional experience for other team members.
Specific professional experience:
- Experience in design and/or implementation of education support programmes; Proven experience in working with EU financial procedures and project cycle management;
- Proven experience in the design and/or implementation of EU budget support programmes;
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of education programmes;
- Proven affinity with equity, inclusion and diversion in education;
- Proven experience with mapping or scoping exercises and data processing;
- Experience in the MENA region is a strong asset;
- Experience in education in refugee contexts is a strong asset;
- Experience on engagement of civil society organisations in education support programmes is an asset.
- At least one member of the team should be fluent in Arabic (verbal and written)