Detailed description Back
The global objective is to contribute to effective policy formulation, implementation and improved coordination in the skills development sector with a view to provide guidance on establishment of mutual recognition agreements (MRA) with selected EU Member States limited to specific occupations and sectors to support creation of decent jobs for young Bangladeshis in Bangladesh and abroad.
The specific objectives of this assignment are:
- Analyse comparability of the qualifications and competency standards, institutional settings and quality assurance systems for selected occupations. While the final selection of the occupations will be determined in the inception phase as explained below, the potential contractors are invited to already suggest relevant occupations at the proposal stage with supporting justification;
- Provide guidance on operational management and institutional capacity enhancement for relevant Government Bodies for negotiations to establish MRAs on the covered occupations with selected EU Member States. While final list of EU Member States will be decided at the inception as explained below, the potential contractors are invited to already suggest relevant Member States at the proposal stage with supporting justification. The study is also expected to look at the potential role of CEDEFOP as an entry point for comparing qualifications and competency standards, in particular in the context of their ongoing work on comparing VET qualifications in European countries.
General description of the position:
- Expert category: Cat. II (>6 years of experience).
Qualifications and skills required:
- Master’s Degree in the areas of economics, labour sociology, financial management, law, or in its absence, equivalent professional experience of at least 9 years in the areas for which the expert is proposed.
General professional experience:
- 6 years of experience in academic research, with a possible business enabling environment angle, preferably with a focus on South Asia (experience with EC funded projects will be considered an asset).
Specific professional experience:
- Working experience in South Asia is desirable; experience in Bangladesh would be considered a strong asset; Excellent analytical, conceptualisation and report writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English; knowledge of the local/working language of the country to be covered would be considered an asset.