Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the project is as follows:
- To enable Iraqi youth to respond to the economic growth opportunities in agriculture and agri-value-chains in Iraq by provision of skills required by the labour market and enhance the employability and entrepreneurship in the sector.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- SO1: Development of a competency based training models for TVET in agriculture and agri-value-chains;
- SO2: Supporting the capacity of the current workforce in the agriculture and agri-value-chains;
- SO3: Establishment of a coordination mechanism for the TVET sector governance co-lead by private sector to enhance entrepreneurship and employability in agriculture and agri-value-chain sector;
- SO4: Creation of awareness for opportunities for Iraqi youth of TVET in agriculture and agri-value-chains, and for green climate smart practices in the agriculture and agri-value-chain sector.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree or equivalent qualification in Education, Social Sciences, Economics;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Knowledge of Arabic is considered as an asset.
General professional experience
- At least 15 years postgraduate professional experience in fields related to the contract (e.g. energy, vocational training, educational standards, private sector development, labour market, development cooperation);
- At least 10 years of professional experience in project management. Preferably with EU.
Specific professional experience
- At least 8 years of professional experience in Vocational Education and Training (VET) and labour market;
- At least 2 years of experience in identifying and analysing skills needs and programme design for VET and employment related interventions;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the Agriculture or value chains sector;
- Professional experience in fragile countries is considered as an asset;
- Professional experience as Team Leader is considered as an asset;
- Proven experience of working with private sector in developing countries is considered an asset.