Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the project is as follows:
- To enable Iraqi youth to respond to the economic growth opportunities in agriculture and agri-value-chains in Iraq by provision of skills required by the labour market and enhance the employability and entrepreneurship in the sector.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- SO1: Development of a competency based training models for TVET in agriculture and agri-value-chains;
- SO2: Supporting the capacity of the current workforce in the agriculture and agri-value-chains;
- SO3: Establishment of a coordination mechanism for the TVET sector governance co-lead by private sector to enhance entrepreneurship and employability in agriculture and agri-value-chain sector;
- SO4: Creation of awareness for opportunities for Iraqi youth of TVET in agriculture and agri-value-chains, and for green climate smart practices in the agriculture and agri-value-chain sector.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree or equivalent qualification in Media, Social Sciences;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Knowledge of Arabic is considered as an asset.
General professional experience
- At least 7 years postgraduate professional experience in fields related to the contract (e.g. private sector development, labour market, and development cooperation);
- At least 5 years of professional experience in project management.
Specific professional experience
- At least 7 years of professional experience in designing and implementation of media campaigns on the topics (Private sector development, Vocational Education and Training , environment);
- Professional experience in fragile countries is considered as an asset;
- Professional experience in the energy sector is considered as an asset.