Detailed description Back
The objective of the assignment is to provide a technical expertise service to support the design and formulation of a programme for EU-Greenlandic cooperation in the priority area Green Growth in the period of 2023-2027. As laid out in the Multi-Annual Indicative Programme, this includes actions on the themes of (i) sustainable energy for a diversified economy and (ii) biodiversity, climate action and research and other Green Growth issues.
The specific objectives of this assignment are:
- SO 1: Based on stakeholder consultations and policy analysis, support and identify actions where an EU Green Growth cooperation programme would have most impact, by assessing the sector policies, including on climate related policy initiatives, strategies and projects of the Greenlandic government and its partners, identify concrete priorities for the programme and related capacities that are relevant to the priority area’s overall goals; in light of the economic, environmental and social conditions in Greenland and of relevant international contexts;
- SO 2: Support identifying and designing of the most appropriate and efficient implementation modalities to achieve the concrete goals of the programme as identified and in support of the policies and projects selected;
- SO 3: Provide assistance in drafting the required deliverables for the identification and formulation on the basis of the EU templates in force at the time of drafting (including the Action Document).
Qualifications and skills:
- Master degree in economics, public administration, or/and engineering and related fields.
General professional experience:
- Have 12 years of relevant professional experience including in implementation of EU external aid and in policy advice to public administrations.
Specific professional experience:
- Have in-depth experience with EU-funded programmes, preferably with the identification and formulation of EU funded programmes;
- Have in-depth experience with implementation modalities of EU cooperation, including but not limited to budget support and investment modalities (blending, guarantees etc.);
- Have at least two references of evaluations, reviews or Results-Oriented Monitoring Missions (ROM)s;
- Have experience with sector support to at least one of the following subjects: energy transition, biodiversity protection/climate action, research policy, environmental protection, and mineral resources.
- Be fluent in oral and written English; good understanding of Danish. Knowledge in Greenlandic is an added advantage, but not a requirement;
- Be an excellent communicator, both written and orally.