Detailed description Back
The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union and the OACPS as Contracting Authority, as well as other interested stakeholders, with:
- An overall independent assessment of the past performance of the Tradecom II Programme, paying particular attention to its results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
- An assessment of the effectiveness of the chosen mix of implementation modalities in the view of the achievement of the programme’s objectives, in particular as regards the programme estimates, the grants and the inclusion of the RRF component into the PMU Service contract;
- Key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations to be taken into account in designing future interventions in the area of trade and private sector development.
In particular, this Final evaluation will serve to gather and summarise in one place the results of individual actions that have been significantly scattered both geographically and in terms of timing and attempt at creating a repository of information for future use of both the European Commission and the ACP Secretariat / OACPS.
The minimum requirements covered by the team of experts as a whole are detailed below:
Qualifications and skills required for the team:
- University degree in disciplines related to this assignment; or working experience of at least five years on top of the minimum required general professional experience.
General professional experience of the team:
- At least 12 years of professional experience in evaluation with at least 3 evaluations fully led by the Team Leader;
- At least 12 years of professional experience in international trade, regional integration and trade-related matters.
Specific professional experience of the team:
The following areas of expertise must be covered by the team as a whole:
- Previous working experience in the Africa, Caribbean and Pacific region;
- Trade negotiations (FTA, WTO, EPA, ACFTA);
- Trade facilitation, including customs matter, SPS, TBT;
- Export promotion;
- Investment promotion;
- E-commerce, digitalisation;
- Value Chain development particularly in agriculture, farming, fisheries;
- MSMEs development.
Language skills of the team:
- Excellent verbal and written English and French (at least level 1 on a scale from 1 (excellent) to 5 (basic) as per the EU-CV format).
Team composition and additional information:
1 Expert Cat. III (30 working days)
- The Cat III expert will provide support to the team in coordination, communication, quality assurance.
Experts Cat. II (120 working days)
- More than one expert can be proposed under this Category, in order to cover the expertise required in all listed sectors
1 Expert Cat. I (60 working days)
- The Cat I expert must possess a demonstrable senior evaluation expertise coherent with the requirements of this assignment (including having led at least 3 evaluations) and not provide less than 60 working days;
- At least 10 years’ experience working in project and programme evaluation.
- Normal place of posting of the specific assignment: Homebased;
- Mission(s) outside the normal place of posting and duration(s): All meetings and interviews can in principle be carried out remotely. However the contractor can propose a certain number of field missions to Brussels and/or to ACP countries or regions, based on well justified criteria, to allow reaching out to a representative number of stakeholders.