Detailed description Back
The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union and interested stakeholders with:
- An overall independent assessment of the performance of the EU SHARE Programme, paying particular attention to its different levels of results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
- Key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve future interventions.
In particular, this evaluation will serve as:
- To identify any key lessons that would lead to improved future interventions in the country/region/sector of operation and/or elsewhere;
- To be accountable for the use of EU resources in relation to the results of the SHARE program.
Qualifications and skills:
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent in development studies, international relations, social sciences, education or a discipline related to the issues covered in the programme or equivalent professional experience in any discipline relevant to the programme of a minimum of 12 years;
- Project management and monitoring & evaluation as required skills;
- Proven organisational, communication, mobilisation and change management skills;
- An excellent verbal and written command of English is required;
- Knowledge of an ASEAN language would be an added advantage.
General professional experience:
- The Expert must have at least 12 years of experience of managing cooperation programmes in developing countries. This skill set include proven experience in the management of international teams of experts of different technical backgrounds, as well as long-term projects involving multiple disciplines and stakeholders.
Specific professional experience:
- The Expert will have conducted at least four Evaluations of development interventions, at least one evaluation for an EU funded interventions and two as Team Leader of the mission. The Expert must have expertise related to higher education. The Expert should have proven knowledge of European Commission project management procedures and financial regulations, preferably through management and participation in EC-funded technical assistance projects of similar size and/or contractual value.
- English, at least C1-level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Languages levels are defined for understanding, speaking and writing skills by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages available at https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/resources/european-language-levelscefr and shall be demonstrated by certificates or by past relevant experience.