Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the EU – Viet Nam Sustainable Energy Transition Facility is to provide complementary support to the EU – Viet Nam Sustainable Energy Transition Programme (SETP) and to the EU support to the energy sector in Viet Nam.
The EU – Viet Nam Sustainable Energy Transition Facility (the Facility) will contribute to the SETP objectives of (i) improved energy efficiency; (ii) a larger share of renewable energy in the energy mix; and (iii) improved performance of the Viet Nam Energy Information System.
The purposes of the Facility are as follows:
- Purpose 1: provide high level demand-driven technical assistance and capacity development in areas of, but not limited to, technology and knowledge transfer through cooperation on areas like research, higher education and R&D for renewable energy and energy efficiency, renewable energy and energy efficiency policy, legal and regulatory frameworks, norms and technical standards, power market analysis, energy governance, energy information systems, energy budgeting and planning;
- Purpose 2: provide support to the operation of the VEPG;
- Purpose 3: support monitoring and implementation of the budget support component of the SETP;
- Purpose 4: support communication and visibility of the whole EU – Viet Nam Sustainable Energy Transition Programme and Team Europe support to the energy sector in Viet Nam.
Qualifications and skills
- A Master’s Degree in energy economics, energy policy, engineering (electrical or mechanical), energy and environmental Technologies, or a related discipline;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Excellent communication skills in English (reading / speaking / writing).
General professional experience
- At least 12 years of relevant professional experience in the field of the assignment (as a practitioner);
- Extensive experience of working in a complex structure of government ministries and dealing at a senior level with governmental, private sector and other institutions;
- Knowledge of and working experience in Asia would be an advantage;
- Excellent competence in one or more project management software (Microsoft project, etc.).
Specific professional experience
- At least seven years of relevant international experience in sustainable energy projects in developing countries;
- A thorough knowledge of energy sector, energy policies, energy institutional, legal and regulatory framework and regulatory issues, and understanding of the energy challenges in developing countries;
- Proven experience as a team leader on a long term assignment (over two years);
- Experience with EU energy policy and EU funded projects is an advantage;
- Previous working experience in Viet Nam would be an asset.