Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the EU – Viet Nam Sustainable Energy Transition Facility is to provide complementary support to the EU – Viet Nam Sustainable Energy Transition Programme (SETP) and to the EU support to the energy sector in Viet Nam.
The EU – Viet Nam Sustainable Energy Transition Facility (the Facility) will contribute to the SETP objectives of (i) improved energy efficiency; (ii) a larger share of renewable energy in the energy mix; and (iii) improved performance of the Viet Nam Energy Information System.
The purposes of the Facility are as follows:
- Purpose 1: provide high level demand-driven technical assistance and capacity development in areas of, but not limited to, technology and knowledge transfer through cooperation on areas like research, higher education and R&D for renewable energy and energy efficiency, renewable energy and energy efficiency policy, legal and regulatory frameworks, norms and technical standards, power market analysis, energy governance, energy information systems, energy budgeting and planning;
- Purpose 2: provide support to the operation of the VEPG;
- Purpose 3: support monitoring and implementation of the budget support component of the SETP;
- Purpose 4: support communication and visibility of the whole EU – Viet Nam Sustainable Energy Transition Programme and Team Europe support to the energy sector in Viet Nam.
Qualifications and skills
- A Master Degree in economics, energy, public administration, business administration or equivalent;
- Strong inter-personality and good leadership skills;
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Vietnamese (reading / speaking / writing).
General professional experience
- At least six years of relevant work experience in the energy sector;
- A thorough knowledge of energy sector, energy policies and regulatory issues, and understanding of the energy challenges in developing countries;
- Extensive experience of working in a complex structure of government ministries and dealing at a senior level with governmental, private sector and other institutions;
- Knowledge of and working experience in Asia, and particularly in Viet Nam, would be an advantage.
Specific professional experience
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in project coordination, preferably working interaction with government, private sector and other stakeholders;
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of Government of Viet Nam’s energy sector structure;
- Substantial networking, facilitation of policy dialogue and partnership experience;
- Proven knowledge and experience of EU project management procedures would be an advantage.