Detailed description Back
The general objective of this assignment is to assist Vietnam’s Tourism Sector in strengthening its resilience and adaptability in the aftermath of Covid-19 pandemic and in its sustainable development at different levels in the future.
- To conduct a systematic economic assessment of how the COVID-19 crisis has affected tourism sector so as to ensure that tourism is adequately reflected in economic recovery and development plans to support public and private businesses operating in tourism sector, particularly micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), in the recovery process;
- To develop strategic orientations and guidelines to integrate the concepts and principles of green growth, circular economy and UNs’ Sustainable Development Goals, especially gender equality and youth, in tourism sector;
- To develop a Tourism Inclusive Recovery Plan, which covers tourism recovery and sustainable actions, following the above-mentioned orientations and guidelines.
General description of the position:
- Expert category: Cat. I (>12 years of experience):
Qualifications and skills required:
- At least Master degree or equivalent in social sciences, tourism, education, development studies, project management or other relevant discipline:
General professional experience:
- At least 12 years relevant professional experience in the tourism sector / travel industry o Previous experience with international donor agencies o Experience working with government, international partners and private sectors:
Specific professional experience:
- At least one previous experience as team leader o Proved experience on developing strategic documents/policies/initiative in tourism sector
- Proved experience on the promotion of responsible and sustainable (environment/climate and social) standards in the tourism sector
- Proved experience in destination management
- Competence in soft skills including presentation, report writing, training, etc.
- Previous management experience with tourism organization/company is considered as an asset
- Previous experience in Vietnam is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.